Playing at GetLucky is a great way of adding excitement to a football game, to feel the thrill of the Roulette wheel spinning or to hit your Flush on the River. However, losses and consequences of excessive gambling is a reality for some people, and it is important to be aware of the risks that come with gambling. Knowing when to stop is one of the most important aspects of responsible gambling. GetLucky offers a wide variety of tools and a unique player safety system to help you stay in control. Our staff are trained to help guide you whenever extra support is needed.
How can we help you?
|Protection of minors|
|We don’t allow anyone under the age of 18 to open an account and play on the site. To ensure this, we reserve the right to verify your identity and possibly lock your account until your age has been confirmed.|
|What is Responsible Gaming?|
|At GetLucky, we want to encourage a culture of positive play where gambling is something fun and happens within each player’s personal limits. Here are a few tips for playing responsibly:
• Set a personal budget and make sure you stick to it • Only play for the fun of it, not to make money • Only gamble when sober and in a clear state of mind • Make sure you take regular breaks • How does gambling make you feel? If the fun is overshadowed by negative emotions, it may be time to take a break or to start using the tools and support services we offer.
We offer a number of tools to help you plan and control your gambling. Keeping track of how much you play for is something we recommend all our players, and that you can easily do by following your transaction history under your account. If you go to your Risk Profile, data from your history is collected and presented in a way that will give you a picture of how healthy your gambling is so that you have a chance to pay attention to possible warning signs.
Account limits can be helpful to make sure you stick to your gambling budget. All players have the opportunity to set a deposit limit before they start playing. This limit regulates the sum you can deposit on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. It is very important that the limits you choose reflect the amounts that you intend to play for. To adjust a limit, you would need to go to the Responsible Gaming section under your profile and click on the amount you wish to change. A decrease of a limit is immediately updated whereas an increase takes 24 hours. See more information about the options we offer under FAQ
Reality Check is another popular tool that we offer. It acts as a reminder during your game sessions, giving you information of how long you have been logged in for and how much you have won/lost during this time. You can set the time interval at which you want to receive these reminders, and you will receive a pop-up that you must approve, however it will not log you out of the game session.
Do you need to cool off? If you want to take a break from gambling, we offer the option of suspending your account for the time you need, giving you some time to cool off and reflect on your gambling situation. This can be actioned under your Account Settings. The time periods that we offer are 24 hours, 1 week, 1 month, 6 weeks, or if you want a self-exclusion you can chose 6 months or an indefinite period of time. Should you wish to close your account for another time period you can always contact our customer support who will be happy to help you with this request.
|How do I know if I have a Gambling Problem?|
|Determining whether your gambling is in the safe zone or not isn’t always easy. However, there are a few common warning signs that you should be aware of:
• Do you ever play for more than you intend to?
• Does your gambling impact your work or social life?
• Have you tried to cut down or stop without success?
• Have you ever lied or hidden signs of your gambling to family or friends?
• Do you think a big win is the answer to your problems?
If you want help determining the impact gambling has on your everyday life, you can take a self-assessment test such as this one: Self-test
- When your gambling has become a problem
- The first thing to do when you notice that gambling has become a problem is to take the necessary steps to make sure you can’t gamble anymore. You can easily self-exclude with us, either by going into your Account Settings or by contacting our customer support team. When you self-exclude you can feel safe in knowing that you won’t be able to log in and play again in a moment of weakness. You will also be protected from receiving direct marketing during your period of self-exclusion.
To reduce temptation further, we recommend that you also register with the national self-exclusion registry Gamstop, so you won't be able to play on any of the UK sites connected to this scheme. For additional protection, there are also software products such as Betfilter and Gamban that block access to gambling sites from your computer and any other device you might have.
- Independent Organisations
- Gambling problems and the consequences that sometimes come with them can be difficult to handle on your own. That is why we recommend turning to an organisation that specialises in helping people with gambling-related issues to get the support needed in such situations. There are several who offer free and confidential help. • www.gamcare.org.uk • www.begambleaware.org • gamblingtherapy.org • www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk • www.gordonmoody.org.uk GamCare also has a confidential helpline on 0808 8020133 (free call, inclusive of mobiles)
- Parental control
Do you share a computer with children? Always remember to keep your account information and passwords secret. There is free software you can download that will help protect your children from online gambling, two well recognised options include Net Nanny andCYBERsitter. Our customer support team is always happy to answer any questions you may have about safety and the use of our site.
Are you worried about a family member or friend?
Consequences of excessive gambling does not only affect the player, but can also have an impact on family and friends. As an affected other, it can be reassuring to know that there is support for both you and your loved one. If you are worried about a relative or a friend, we recommend that you contact one of the support organisations available. Please do not hesitate to contact our customer support team who will help guide you in the right direction.
Contributions to gambling-related research GetLucky supports the Responsible Gaming Trust (RGT) and we are contributing to the funding of their operations which includes research and services for effective education and prevention strategies for problem gamblers.